Monday, July 20, 2009

TV Show Profile: Lost

My second TV show profile is one of my favorite shows:
Lost

*I tried doing this with as little spoilers as possible*

Starring:

*The main cast who has been around since season one*

Matthew Fox as Jack Shepard
Evangeline Lily as Kate Austen
Josh Holloway as James "Sawyer" Ford
Jorge Garcia as Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
Naveen Andrews as Sayid Jarrah
Yunjin Kim as Sun Kwon
Daniel Dae Kim as Jin Kwon
Terry O'Quinn as John Locke


Lost has been a cultural phenomenon since day one. From my stance, there hasn't been a show like it. Its a show that makes you think and puts you at the edge of your seat every week. You may get a little disappointed from time to time because you think the show will tell you something, and then it doesn't for weeks, but eventually you will know the truth.

I never seen this show until the first season came to DVD. At first it wasn't something that looked interesting to me, because I'm not really into the whole Si-fi thing, but I was at the video store one day and thought I would give it a shot. After the first episode, I was hooked. The season finale was so good I couldn't wait until season two, except for the fact the time conflicted with my favorite show, One Tree Hill. By the time they changed time, in season three, the season was halfway over. But luckly I got all caught up in time for season four to start, and I was able to actually watch it.

I had another chance to watch the show from the beginning because my boyfriend watched the season premiere of season 4 with me and was so confused he needed to watch from the beginning. After I got season 1 from Amazon, we stayed in all weekend and all we did was watch Lost and eat pizza. Thank goodness I had season two at home so we didn't have to wait long to stay in for another weekend. I finally had someone to watch it with me.

Lost is the story of a plane crash on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. An island that nobody can find, with many mysteries that come with it. The survivors have to ban together to find food, make shelter, and stay together so they can survive. There is a plethera of different people from different cultures and races that are stuck on this island. Some end up dying, more survivors show up, and they even come across people already on the island.

Its like Guilligan's Island or Survivor, but with many twists, turns, and mysteries to figure out. Even if your not big on si-fi, I definatly think you will love this show too. But just make sure you pay close attention with all these characters, like the "others, who live on the island, and the Dharma Initiative, an experimental team from the 70's who did their experiemens on the island.

Lost over the years

Season One

Besides the main cast that I mentioned above the rest of the survivors include:

Emilie De Raven as Claire Littleton
Dominic Monaghan as Charlie Pace
Harold Perrinau as Micheal Dawson
Malcom David Kelley as Walter "Walt" Lloyd
Ian Somerhalder as Boone Carlyle
Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford
L. Scott Caldwell as Rose Henderson Nadler


Season Two

The Survivors of the tail end of the plain:

Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia Cortez
Sam Anderson as Bernard Nadler
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko
Cynthia Wartros as Elizabeth "Libby"

Season Three

The "Others"

Micheal Emerson as Ben Linus
Elizabeth Mitchel as Juliet Burke
Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond David Hume
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
William Mapother as Ethan Rome
Brett Cullen as Goodwin Stanhope
Andrew Divoff as Mikhail Bakunim
M.C Gainey as Tom
Tayna Raymonde as Alex
Blake Bashoff as Carl
Mark Pellegrino as Jacob

Season Four

Employees of Charles Widmore

Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Lance Redick as Matthew Abbanon
Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday
Rebecca Nadar as Charlotte Staples Lewis
Ken Leuing as Miles Straum
Jeff Fahey as Frank Lepidus
Marsha Thomason as Naomi Dorrit
Kevin Durand as Martin Keamy
Grant Bowler as Captain Gault

Season Five

The Dharma Initiative

Doug Hutchinson as Horace Goodspeed
Reiko Aylesworth as Amy Goodspeed
Francois Chau as Pierre Chang
John Gries as Roger Linus
Eric Lange as Stuart Ratzinski
Patrick Fishler as Phil

Of course there are many other characters that make this show what it is. To find out about all these characters and more, watch Lost Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC. Make sure you catch up though, so your not lost when it comes to what your watching. The sixth, and final season, airs this January.

No comments:

Post a Comment