Sunday, June 7, 2009

I ♥ Kendra


Tonight was the series premier of E!'s new show "Kendra." It follows Kendra Wilkinson, former girlfriend of Hugh Hefner, from her role on "The Girls Next Door, as she conquers the world on her own. She went to the mansion at age 18 and was there for five years. Therefor, she has always had someone else take care of her, and she has never really been on her own. It is now time for her to make it on her own and experience life as she should. She has also met a wonderful guy, Hank Baskett, who plays football for the Eagles, and they are engaged to be married. And I have to say...that rock on her finger is gorgeous! I think its great that she met someone and she now wants to experience life on her own. She gets to experience cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, chores...all of it. I loved Kendra on "The Girls Next Door" and I was super excited to find out she was getting her own show. Kendra is my favorite out of the three and I think she is so funny. I knew her new show would be hilarious, just like she is, and I was definatly right.

Tonight's episode was an hour long with limited commercials. It started out with Kendra moving into her beautiful new house, her "mini mansion" as she would call it. And of course, most of her stuff is still in boxes and her clothes are all over the floor in piles. I like Kendra because I feel like we have a lot in common. One of those things is messines. We are both messy people. If you went in my room right now, you would see a pile of clean clothes on the floor, along with a separate pile of dirty clothes. Just like you would see in Kendra's room. She has no furniture, because she hasn't gone out to get any, yet, and she has no food, because she needed to go grocery shopping.

But her friend, Brittany, comes over and helps her go shopping for food, to fill up her cuboards and fridge. And in a Kendra fashion, when she gets to the grocery store, she grabs one of those scooter carts. Too funny! Sounds like something Kendra would do...go to a grocery store and ride on one of the scooter carts.

But she gets her groceries, including the Rice a' Roni, spends $400 dollars and heads back to her house. She starts unpacking her food, and what happens....she drops the entire dozen of eggs on the floor. I really laughed out loud at this part. It was just too funny!

So she now has food, but still no furniture. But she does have a stripper pole! I acutally want a stripper pole. Not to strip, but because it could be a really good work out. For a person that hates working out, I need something that is going to be fun and help me get in shape at the same time. But what does she do about stuff for the house? Have a house warming party of course! What a great idea! Thanks, Kendra's mom, Patti =) And from the looks of it, the party was pretty successful. Of course, Kendra got really drunk, but do ya blame her? If I were having my first house party, in the most amazing house ever, I would party my ass off too :P And it was so cute watching her get all emotional when Hef showed up, with his new girlfriend, Crystal. She was not expecting him, and probably neither were the rest of us, but there he was, all dressed up, there to support her. I thought it was really sweet that he was there. She was one of his girlfriends for five years, and he helped her grow into the woman she is today. They both still care about each other very much and they are such good friends. Even Bridget was there! I was really excited to see her because I love all the girls and its so great when they are all together. I was sad though, that Holly wasn't there. I'm sure she was pretty busy, though, because I know her and Kendra are still great friends. Mary was also there. I love Mary, she's so funny, and she tells it like it is! And what's a house party without...a keg?

Sadly, Hank, was not at the party, but it wasn't long until we saw him. Soon after Kendra picked him up at the airport to bring him to her new pad. I guess, according to Kendra, Hank is a very clean person. I guess he has another thing coming to him :P But I guess she needs somone in her life to keep her in line. Hank seems like such a sweet guy and he seems to really be so in love with her...and he's got some jokes. I'm so glad Kendra has found someone, and has fallen in love. They seem so happy together. I'm such a romantic so I love seeing other people that are in love, just like I am with my boyfriend. Watching her plan her wedding really makes me want to start planning mine, even though I'm not engaged, yet. Who am I kidding...I've been looking on The Knot at different things for my wedding...for when that happens of course.

Speaking of planning weddings...We see Kendra start to plan hers. And what is planning a wedding without trying on dresses? She started trying on dresses, and I have to say...she looked so pretty in everything she tried on. I know whatever dress she picks she will look beautiful.

Kendra also takes Hank to meet Hef, because Hef invited the two of them out to the mansion for dinner. Hef just seems like such a sweet guy. He really cares about Kendra and he only wants whats best for her, and he just wants her to be happy. He's glad she has found someone and he really approves of Hank. And Hank seems fond of Hef, too. He knows how much Hef means to Kendra and that they are still such good friends. Hef is such a great guy, he invited Kendra and Hank to have thier wedding at the mansion. And since Hank knows how much the mansion, and everyone there, means to her he was happy to say yes, and Kendra was really happy about it. The mansion was her home for 5 years and she grew up a little there. Why now have her wedding there?

I'm so excited for this upcoming season. I think it's going to be great. I'll leave you with something I would like to call....The Kendra Quote of the Week...

"I love Rice a' Roni. I did not know it was Mexican food."

Oh, Kendra..This is why we love you =)

1 comment:

  1. i agree with u, i love kendra and she was the reason i watche dgirls next door. she is too funny and she someone i'd love to hang around even if she has her ditzy moments but hey who doesn't. i'm so happy for her and hank and i'm excited for the rest of the season as well.

    oh and i want a stripper pole too!

    ReplyDelete