Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Top 5 Documentaries

I have recently gotten into watching documentary shows on television, mostly on A&E since that channel is mainly documentaries. This week ill name my top 5.

These won't be in any particular order since I just began to get into these shows.

INTERVENTION


I am a psych major so anything that has to do with that really interests me. Psychology is a pretty broad job so it also includes alcohol and drug problems, eating disorders, anything that would require an intervention, basically. I never watched it before until my group was doing a presentation on the elderly and drugs for out drug awareness class. One of my group members suggested showing a couple clips from intervention. I really like it because it showcased some things I could potentionally be working with in my career.

OBSESSED


This is a show that documents patients that suffer from anxiety disorders, mainly obsessive compulsove disorder. OCD is a serious mental disorder so it will definatly be something I encounter in my career and that is why I wanted to start watching this show. I liked it not only for that fact bit because it showcases something very real and serious. Something that some people don't take very seriously. But it is something very serious and that's what this show tries to explain. It also goes through the treatment process for this disorder, which is not an easy process.

THS INVESTIGATES


This is a spin off of "True Hollywood Story," where they investigate all kinds of serious issues. They have showcased teenage pregnancies gone wrong, serial killers, wives who kill their husbands, etc. Its just a really fascinating show to watch.

CRIME 360


I also enjoy watching crime documentaries because some of these crimes are so shocking and a lot of these criminals are really messed up in the head and have something mentally wrong with them. This show documents crims while they use new aged technology to help them solve these crimes.

THE FIRST 48


This is another crime documentary where they show these detectives trying to solve cases in the first 48 hours. I really enjoy watching this show.


So there you have 5 documentary shows that I enjoy watching. What are some that you like to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment