Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Shocking Grey's Finale

Yay! Its Thursday Night and for many people, including me, that means Grey's Anatomy is on! Which is on my list of favorite tv shows =) Tonight was the 2 hour season finale. Abc is good on making there season finales 2 hours a lot of the time and heck, I'm not complaining! This season started with a 2 hour premier so why not end with a 2 hour finale? This season has by far been the best season yet! The best and...the saddest. I would have to say that I think I have cried, or have wanted to cry, during every single episode this season. And this episode was no exception.

Here are some of the sadder moments of season 5:

  • The woman, in the season premier, losing her memory, which reset every 30 seconds, and also losing her husband.
  • The two teenage girls, who are sisters, that were in the car accident and the one is brain dead right after her sister tells her that she hopes she dies.
  • The pregnant lady who comes in with her husband, who was the patient, but then herself gets admitted, and ends up dying, resulting in the husband calling Derek a murder.
  • All those college students dying on thier graduation day.
  • And whats up with all these dying children this season? A girl with an inoperable tumor, the little boy who tries to fake dying so he can get a wish but then he really is dying and needs new organs, and the little girl dying and all her dad wants to to is to find ways to save her, when there is no way to save her, instead of staying by her side when she needs him the most.
  • But of course the saddest of all...Izzy has cancer!
And now to add to the list...Izzy flat lined after getting her memory back and John Doe is GEORGE! I can not believe it! I'm still in shock! I was in shock when he joined the army and now I'm in even bigger shock. They can't kill both of them off...can they?

Izzy and Alex were so adorable in the beginning I would hate to see all that disappear. I knew it was too good to be true that she came out of that surgery just fine only to have short term memory loss and then to have her memory back. But I'm so glad the Chief said forget the DNR. I mean all she wanted was to not be a vegetable...being recesitated doesn't mean she will be a vegetable.

But I still can't believe that George joined the army. I heard he didn't want to come back to the show and I thought the army would be his send off...but being killed off!? And Arizona saying she thought it was awesome he joined the army! I understand she wished there were more doctors for her brother when he was in the army but obviously she doesn't really know George because he is not army material.

And I was looking forward to see a Derek and Meredith wedding...even if it was at City Hall. But I understand that they are very busy people. If they would have went though, she never would have realized that John Doe was George. So I guess its a good thing. But it was cute what they did with the wedding contract on the post-it. Besides, as long as they signed the wedding license they dont really need a wedding.

Speaking of weddings...what was up with Mark and Lexi? She was really dumb for not realizing that he was asking her to move in with him and then talking about marriage. They are so cute together I hope they don't break up.

Speaking of breaking up...I feel really bad for Bailey. I'm glad she is standing up for herself with the "no ultimatum" but I'm sad for her. Its probably a good thing she didn't take the peds fellowship. She has always been a general surgeon and thats what she is good at.

All and all that was an amazing episode and a great end to a great season. I can not wait until fall when it comes back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment