Monday, May 25, 2009

A Weekend Marathon of Jon and Kate Plus 8


Ever since I saw The Soup a couple weeks ago, when they showed the clip of Kate yelling at Jon for not using a coupon, I though to myself "This is hilarious, I think I should start watching this show." So when I was flipping though channels Friday afternoon I saw that it was on so I figured that would be a perfect time to start watching, since the new season was starting. Little did I know it was a whole weekend marathon. So, from Friday afternoon to now, I've been watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. When I said I was going to start watching this show, I really held myself to it because I've been watching, nothing but Jon and Kate Plus 8 all weekend. And I have to say that I love it! The kids are just adorable and even though Kate can be very bossy and mean at times toward Jon, its still pretty funny.

Right now there is an article at Us Weekly's website where "Aunt Julie" urges viewers to not watch the show's season premier tonight. She first states that when the show first started Kate had a list of things that she wanted (trips, etc), which became the theme of each episode, and all of these things have been paid for with the budget of the show or traded for free advertisement. Well, DUH!! If it wasn't for the success of the show and the money they make from it, they wouldn't be able to afford all of the trips and things that the give to their children. If it were me I would do the same thing...wouldn't you? If I were on a reality show, of course I would use the money for family trips and things that my family needs.

Julie also goes to say that the show is staged. She says "there is a staff of people reading these blogs and they base the shows around what people are talking about." For example, Julie states that for the Chrismas 2007 episode, where they bake cookies and go caroling, the produces wanted them to show their appreciation to their helpers. Supposedly, Kate did not want to do it and she threw a fit about it, but ended up doing it in the end to help pacify viewers. She also says the children are being prompt to do or say certain things. They are children and I don't think they will do anything if they don't want to. Jon and Kate have even said in thier Q&A special episode, that I just watched, that the kids are not required, and they don't have to do anything they don't want to do. Sure, they are coached to say "On this episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8" but it looks like they enjoying doing that, and its cute.

It seems to me that this "Aunt Julie" is a jealous, backstabbing person. She is upset about not being in the show (probably for good reasons) and she wants to do, and say, anything to make this show, and this family, look bad. Yes, this is a reality show, and they are going to edit it in a way that is the most entertaining to the viewers. If that means the producers saying something like "hey, you should do this..." then who really cares. Its not like they go back and make them reenact something that they did before and they camera guys didn't catch it. And sure, Kate, can be a bitch sometimes, but I would be a little bit on edge, and cranky a lot if I had 8 children and 6 of them were only 5 years old.

I did, however, hear that this whole Jon and Kate relationship thing, is a scam. I don't really know what to think of that right now. But I think the reasons that "Aunt Julie" is giving for not watching the show tonight are bogus. I think she should come up with better reasons for us not to watch.

To read the full article click here =)

So what are your thoughts about everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment