Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Top Five Tuesday

Every Tuesday I'm going to a little thing I call "Top Five Tuesday." I'll countdown my top five in everything related to television.


This week I'll be talking about my top 5 tv shows in the drama category.


# 5

Nip/Tuck


I recently just got into this show. I got my boyfriend into a few shows that I liked to watch so he thought it would be nice if I watched something that he was into. He also thought I would like it since I like Grey's Anatomy and they are both medical dramas. So we started from the beginning and I love it! Although, I'm kinda sad that the show is almost over and I just started watching it.

Gossip Girl


Yes, both these are tied for the number 5 spot. I loved the books so I was so excited when I found out it was becoming a show. I started watching it from the start but for some reason I stopped...I'm not really sure why. But when season came out on dvd I ordered it on Netflix and wondered why I stopped watching it in the first place. But since season 2 was already started I didn't want to continue in the middle of the season. So now I have to wait til season 2 comes out on dvd to get caught up. But at least I can start watching season 3 when it premiers =)


#4

Supernatural


I started watching this show when it first came out and I loved it from the first episode. I love scary movies and to me this show is a different scary movie every week. I watched the first season but when I came to college, I stopped watching it because I went out every Thursday and since Supernatural was on Thursday nights it was kinda hard to keep up with it. However, I rented the dvd's as soon as they came out. And this was one show I got my boyfriend into. We argue alot when it comes to the tv, so its nice to be into a few of the same tv shows. I have watched most of the current season but after that last hiatus I've fallen behind a bit. But I will of course rent it when it comes to dvd.


#3

Lost


I didn't really know anything about this show when it first came on tv but my sister started watching it and said that she loved it. So I was at the movie store one night and decided to rent it and see what all the fuss was about. I loved it! Season two was already like halfway done by the time I finished season one so I couldn't start halfway through the season. So I waited til season two was on dvd to watch it. But as season three rolled around I still couldn't watch it because it was on at the same time as One Tree Hill. But then halfway through it switched nights so I was able to watch it. Since I only saw like half the season I had to rent season 3 when it came out so I knew all that was going on. Finally, when season 4 premiered I was able to watch it on tv. And my boyfriend was with me during that episode and of course had no clue what was going on. So I decided to buy season one so he could watch it. He was addicted after the first disk so for a weekend the only thing we did was sit in his dorm room on watch Lost and eat junk food. I didn't need to buy season 2 because my sister got it for Christmas (my mom didn't want to buy season one because it was more expensive lol) so I just got it from her and for another weekend all we did was stay in his dorm room and watch Lost and eat junk food. I then of course had to buy season 3. So at the same time we were starting from the beginning and watching the new season at the same time. I'm sure you all can figure out how confusing this may be for my boyfriend ;) But now, he is as obsessed with this show as I am! And were both sad that the show will be over after the next season. But we will always have the dvds to go back to!


#2

Grey's Anatomy


This is another show that I didn't watch in the very beginning. I think it was because I always watched The WB (and then the CW when it was changed) and I never really watched ABC and that was why I never knew anything about this show or Lost. But my senior year of high school one of my physics partners watched it so she would talk about every now and then. And when I got to college some of my friends watched it every week so I sometimes watched it with them. Even though I didn't know what was going on I still thought it was a great show so last year I started renting the dvds and of course I fell in love with it. I got caught up just in time for the return of the show after one of their mid season hiatus so I was able to finish up the season. My boyfriend watched a couple episodes with me but he would always pretend he wasn't really into it. Then this year I started buying the dvds because I really wanted to watch them over and he started watching them with me (we didn't have cable so there really wasn't much of a choice on what he watched, and which is also why we watched a lot of tv on dvd lol) So then, I got him into another favorite show of mine and he isn't ashamed of it! And even though I just started watching it a year ago, it still has my number 2 spot because this is one show where every episoded has exceded my expectations. I have never been bored watching an episode of this show!


And now...my #1 favorite show (in the category of drama...and just in general)

ONE TREE HILL


This is my number one show because this is the one show I have watched from the very beginning and have never missed an episode. I have been an avid, obsessed fan from the beginning. I've bought ever set of dvds as soon as they come out and every soundtrack. I've also made mix cd's of some of the songs that have been featured in the show that haven't been on the soundtrack. I've also gotten a lot of people I know into this show so I have people to talk about it with. I got my sisters into it: as soon as I got season 1 on dvd I brought it to my dad's and the three of us stayed up all night until we finished the season. Even my little sister got into it. Then one year when we were on vacation I got my mom into it. We were taking a break from the beach one day because we were so sunburnt so I popped in the first disk and she loved it. So the next year we watched season 2. Then when I got to college my friend Rose and I watched it every week together. She never saw much of the show but of course I got her into it. I also got my friend Jackie into it last year. She was always a fan of the O.C instead of One Tree Hill but last year she started from the beginning and loved it. This show has been my number one since it started and will always be. Even though I do prefer the first four seasons over this four year jump...but they have had some crazy episodes in these last two seasons. Even with two of the main characters not coming back next season I will still watch and it will still be my number 1 =)

Well, thats my top 5...What's yours?

Next week I'll countdown my top 5 favorite reality shows


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE supernatural and winchester brothers :) Many people hate it though, I really think they miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this list too. Except from Lost and Nip/Tuck I watch all those shows. I would have added Scrubs and Fringe to that list too.

    ReplyDelete